About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wifey, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a best friend, a chiro, a nerd at heart, a dreamer, a goofball, a thunder UPer, a SOONER.... and I couldn't be happier! :o)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Taylor... 13 weeks!

It's OFFICIAL.... we are in the second trimester! Yay!

What's going on with baby?
Fingerprints have formed on our baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through still-thin skin, and the size of his/her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her/his body size now. IF we're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Vocal cords and teeth are forming now too! The baby's intestines are making their way from the umbilical cord into the baby's tummy.

Baby Taylor is now almost 3 inches long (the size of a peach) and weighs nearly an ounce.

I met with the midwife (p.s... I'm using a midwife and a birthing center) this evening to have some blood drawn... yuck... but in return, she let me listen to the heart beat again... YAY! It is just the coolest thing EVER to hear that little heart chugging away in there! The baby kept moving away from the Doppler for a few minutes, but then we picked it up loud and strong for a good 2 or 3 minutes... and got a heart rate of 176... which is good!

Our next appointment is August 1st.

I think Daisy has figured out that I am pregnant.... she's starting to act a little like a puppy again and is a little more clingy and nuzzles and sniffs my lower abdomen every once in a while. It's pretty bizarre.
G'night!
The Taylors!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just moving along :) Isn't it awesome that sweet little tiny is growing in there every single day?!

    Congrats on entering the 2nd tri!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete