About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wifey, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a best friend, a chiro, a nerd at heart, a dreamer, a goofball, a thunder UPer, a SOONER.... and I couldn't be happier! :o)

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Knock knock...

*this post is almost a week late.... sorry!
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you so excited that Baby Taylor's getting so big?!?!?

(this is cheesy... I'm a nerd... I know)

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of a naval ORANGE... ha ha... get it? That's where the joke comes in). He/she's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his/her lungs begin to develop. Her/his legs are growing longer than her/his arms now, and he/she can move all of his/her joints and limbs. Although her/his eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, he/she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for our baby to taste at this point, but he/she is forming taste buds.

I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move a few nights ago! I wasn't so sure at the time that that was exactly what is was, but after talking with the midwife and some other mommas about it I'm pretty positive that's what it was! SO COOL! It felt like a little butterfly going nuts in there for a second.

My visit with the midwife tonight went GREAT! All of my bloodwork came back perfect! My blood pressure is looking good.... and that lil heart beat is still as strong as can be!

We are going to try and get in for a sonogram late next week when daddy's in town! There's just so much excitement in the Taylor Family's life right now! Sonogram of baby, graduation, birthday, and move back to Oklahoma all in one week! CRAZINESS but so fun!

I think that's all I've got for now!

Much love!
The Taylors

No comments:

Post a Comment