About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy, wifey, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a best friend, a chiro, a nerd at heart, a dreamer, a goofball, a thunder UPer, a SOONER.... and I couldn't be happier! :o)

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shame on me...


How has it possibly been a month since the last time I posted???? That's just ridiculous.

Well... then I guess we'll play catch up for a minute!

I am OFFICIALLY.... drumroll please.... DOCTOR TAYLOR!
I'm a year older than my I was when I wrote my last post.... my bday was the day after my graduation. It was quite possibly the best bday gift EVER!
I am now blogging from my graduation gift from my amazing hubby.... my new MacBook Pro! I love it!
I am finally starting to get a little baby bump.... pics will come soon. I have to find the camera cord.
Oh yeah, we are all moved in back in OKLAHOMA! so I still can't find lots of stuff like the camera cord.
I went to Denver a couple weekends ago and worked in the Medical tent at the Susan G. Komen 3Day Breast Cancer Walk. Myself and 9 of my Chiropractor buddies adjusted the walkers all weekend. It was a pretty cool experience.

And now I'll give you all a baby update!

We're HALF WAY THERE! 20 weeks already! Can you believe it?!?! This is flying by!

Our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. (S)He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel--- about the size of a cantaloupe! (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his/her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his/her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, (s)he's measured from head to toe.)

(S)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his/her digestive system. (S)He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his/her bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

I'm feeling pretty good. I don't have quite the endurance I used to. We've been running errands and trying to get this house together and you'd think I've been running a marathon a day considering how wiped out I am!!! However, this house is FINALLY starting to look like a home. We've got all our furniture... even Baby has furniture now! :o)

I'm starting to be able to distinguish baby movement from tummy grumbling. There have been three occasions when I knew FOR SURE that it was baby moving! So fun!

That's all I've got for now... time to get back to the To Do List!

Much love!
The Taylors



5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! Congrats Doctor!!! Don't stay away so long this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to say thanks for your help with the 3 Day!

    http://www.komendenverblog.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great month you've had! Congrats on everything and hopefully you get to relax sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?

    ReplyDelete